1900 - started as the Huntsville Spinning Company on Oakwood Avenue
1905 - grew to become Abington Mill
1910 - bought by Harvey Lincoln Burwell, name changed to Lincoln Mills and continued to grow into the largest cotton mill in Alabama.
1940's - manufactured cotton "duck" canvas for the United States military during World War 2.
1950's - resurgence of military orders for the Korean War.
1955 - Lincoln Mill workers sued for the right to unionize. Landmark case by the U.S. Supreme Court (Textile Workers v Lincoln Mills 353 US 448 (1957)) upheld their right to organize and the Mill was closed, as threatened, by it's owner.
1957 - Lincoln Mill purchased and renovated, by a group of Huntsville businessmen in order to help attract the Army missile command and Dr. Werner vonBraun to Huntsville. Renamed the Huntsville Industrial Complex (HIC building). Founding home of Brown Engineering, Boeing's presence in Huntsville, and the workplace for hundreds of engineers working on our early rocket and missile program which later became NASA.
1980 - site of Huntsville's largest fire. Wooden buildings were destroyed and the largest concrete building irreversibly damaged. It was demolished leaving the two remaining structures.
1982 - remaining buildings purchased by the Ebaugh family. Renamed the Downtown Industrial Complex.
2008–present - renovations began as the Lincoln Mill Office Campus.